Sunday, August 4, 2013

August 5 Habakkuk 1-3 Strengthening Faith

God strengthened my faith through Habakkuk one early morning in 2002. During the depths of my biggest challenge in life, God spoke to me through the verses at the end of Habakkuk about what strong faith in God looks like. From "though the fig tree does not blossom" to the end, I could see that my faith at the time was not what it should have been.

In the depths of my despair, God showed me that I was too focused on the issue and how it was going to be solved - through me or through natural means. I was not relying on the power of God nor recognizing His sovereign control over the situation. That morning, I resolved to put all my trust in God to handle the situation. That morning my "depression" hit bottom and began to pull upward day by day. The seriousness of the situation did not bottom out that morning, it continued downward. However, it did eventually bottom out and get resolved.

I had to learn what real faith looks like - that no matter how bad the circumstances around me get:
"Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go to the heights."

No comments:

Post a Comment