Saturday, September 14, 2013

September 15 Job 25-31 Others-Centered Integrity

Read Job 31 for insight into what others-centered integrity looks like. There are some great verses to memorize on all sorts of integrity related issue.

How about Job's commitment to not lust after other women - "I have made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl."

Job talks about truthfulness, treating servants justly, and being kind to the needy. it is very interesting that Job knew God's heart to the fatherless, widow, and poor because he said that his motivation was, "I dreaded destruction from God!"

Job talks about not trusting in his wealth (remember his earlier quote when all his wealth was taken away), not gloating over others' losses, hospitality, and more.

vv. 33-34 are very, very interesting - "If I have concealed my sin as men do, by hiding my guilt in my heart because I so feared the crowd and so dreaded the contempt of the clans that I kept silent and would not go outside" Job argues against people pleasing and hypocrisy - his character (who he really was when no one was looking) equated to his reputation (who people saw him as). He wasn't going to be found out as a phony, even though his friends at his bedside were convinced without proof of Job's secret sin.

This is a good chapter to reflect upon and determine in what areas we might fall short. God can bring us up into Biblical integrity - if we cooperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment