Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 4 Daniel 3 False Concept of Many Gods

This passage was alluded to in the sermon that God used on the day that I received Christ as Savior. I was in a fiery furnace that day myself.

But I am intrigued that Nebuchadnezzar could witness the power of the LORD and not be drawn to worship this God. Oh yes, he respected God, but did not worship Him. Instead, Nebuchadnezzar went back to his powerless gods, although he probably thought that they gave him all of his past military victories.

Today, people respect other people's "gods" and either think they are the same god they believe in (I won't go so far to say worship) or they are a false god that gives the other people hope - and of course they want to be politically correct and so let them naively worship those false gods.

The concept of theological truth has escaped people. Conflicting beliefs systems can not both be true - either one is right and the other wrong OR they are both wrong. I met a liberal Jew yesterday and I don't think that he understood truth or is just politically correct or he has never examined the logic of his beliefs.

In your pursuit of theology, seek truth - not a belief system that you are comfortable with. Don't be a Nebuchadnezzar.

No comments:

Post a Comment