Saturday, November 23, 2013

November 24 Acts 9-12 The Lord's Hand

Acts 11:21 The Lord's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.

This verse caught my attention tonight. What a great time for the disciples - to have the 'Lord's hand" with them. I am in awe of this statement. I am jealous of these believers - I want the Lord's hand to be with me - with our whole church. But I wonder, if the Lord's hand is with us and we are missing the blessing. I want to be bold - to determine if the Lord's hand is with me - with us. I would love to be a part of the church who "a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord."

It is also interesting to note the people believed AND turned to the Lord. I think there might be a difference between believing and turning to the Lord. It seems like both are necessary to be a Christian - believing - and turning toward Christ, so as to follow Him. Would it make any sense to believe and not follow Christ? Would anyone really call that person a disciple (follower) of Jesus. Of course not.

No comments:

Post a Comment