Monday, November 4, 2013

November 5 John 8-10 Do What Pleases him

In John 8:30, Jesus says that He only does what pleases the Father. I believe that this requires two things - doing what pleases God and doing it to please Him (motivation). If I want to live my life to please God, then I have to really learn about God and what pleases Him. This will take a lifetime of study and moment by moment contemplation.

I also need to be motivated to please Him. Not only must I strive to do the right things, I must want to do them for the right reason. I must ask God to help me love Him totally. If I love God way above loving myself, I will put his agenda foremost in my mind.

I believe these two items are circular - as I learn more about God, I will want to please Him. And as my motivation changes to please Him, I will want to learn about Him more. So get on this "merry-go-round" and live to please God.

No comments:

Post a Comment