Thursday, December 12, 2013

December 13 Acts 27-28 Negativity Creates Interest

When Paul got to Romes, he called for the Jews. They said that many were speaking against the Christians, so they wanted to hear for themselves - then some believed. Negative "publicity" created interest to hear!

What I have found recently is the offering of the gospel in opposition to what major religions teach. I have asked Catholics, "Do you know what the main difference is between what Rome teaches and what Protestants believe?" They really don't know, so they ask me to continue. I do the same with Jews. No one has gotten angry with me, but all listen intently (but do they hear?). Inadvertently, they give me permission to preach the gospel to them.

Don't let opposing views deter you. God can allow you an open door to use opposition for an opportunity to give the gosepl.

No comments:

Post a Comment