Saturday, December 14, 2013

December 15 Ephesians - Don't Underestimate Work of Demons

Admittedly, I come from a strain of Christianity that tends to underestimate the work of the Holy Spirit. I have tried to correct this misgiving in my preaching, teaching, and personal ministries. But I must confess, like most other non-charismatics, that I still underestimate the power and influence the work of demons in our lives.

Paul does a good job in Chapter 6 to raise our awareness. He says that much of our struggle is against the powers of unseen darkness. I find myself praying for protection against the Evil One much more than I used to do. Demons are out there and surround us even though we can't see them. Like the Holy Spirit and the wind, they are unseen, but the effects of their evil ministry are quite evident.

So, please be aware of the presence of pure evil around you that seeks to influence the people around you and you yourself. Also, be aware that evil spirit beings do possess people, just as they did in Biblical times. There is nothing in Scripture that leads us to believe otherwise.

Evil spirits are very powerful, but no match for God:

  • James 4:7-8 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment