Monday, April 1, 2013

Apr 2 I Samuel 21-22: I Chronicles 12:8-18; Psalms 56, 34, 142 Taking Who God Gives You

When I first came to Calvary Church, at first, it didn't seem to me that the people that we had in the church were the "right" base of people to build a church upon (that included me!). In our small group, we were studying David and how "those in distress" began to join with him - later they became known as his mighty men. God spoke to me and said to build HIS church with those He sends. I heard Him and embraced all of our people as God's potential "mighty men."

Well here we stand on Christ five years later - a very strong healthy church three times the size it was then. We all know that Calvary church is completely a work of God. Five years ago, we all were "those in distress."

No comments:

Post a Comment