Thursday, April 25, 2013

Apr 26 Psalms 1, 14-15, 36-37, 39 Blind to Our Sin

In Psalm 36, there is a piece of interesting wisdom about the wicked - they flatter themselves too much to detect or hate their sin. I don't think this applies only to those other people - I think this applies to you and me, too. I think there are many sins in our lives that we are blind to - I suspect that we are blind to at least some of them because we flatter ourselves too much. I think this is probably the case when we get into conflict with others.

In conflict with others, I think we often get logs in our eyes - thinking we have the high moral ground and the other person is down in the mud slinging false hoods. But many times, we are blind to the error in our thoughts, words, and behaviors. I think we flatter ourselves often so that we don't have to admit how broken, selfish, or prideful we are being. We can talk ourselves into believing that we are 100% correct and the other person is totally wrong.

It takes a mature person in Christ to put his thoughts, words, and actions up to close Biblical scrutiny for their true morality. When we do this, we see things that are not always pretty - but in the long run, are really best for us, the other person, and the Kingdom of God.

Pray for the vision to see - to not be counted among the wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment