Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Apr 23 Pss. 70-71, 77, 83, 86 Great Occasional Psalms

Today we read a great mix of psalms for various contexts. Psalm 71 is a good psalm to meditate on when we are old or at least feeling old. It is also a great psalm to read to an elderly person that you are ministering to, especially if they are in pain, in the hospital, or feeling down.

Psalm 77 is a great psalm to meditate on when we need a miracle - when things seem hopeless - when we finally realize that we need go to show up. I think that I will use it to open up the next prayer meeting that I lead.

Psalm 83 is a great prayer for praying against religious persecution - praying for God to protect the people who love Him.

I remember praying Psalm 86 when i felt like I was being personally persecuted. In the midst of that, We pray for learning to walk in God's truth with an undivided heart. Persecution is a great time to be personally cleansed.

No comments:

Post a Comment