Friday, April 19, 2013

Apr 20 Psalms 13, 17, 23, 26, 28, 31 Crying Out to God in Confidence

David had a lot of intrigue in his life based on all of his psalms calling for deliverance. David always expressed confidence in God's ability and willingness to rescue him.

But for a moment, let's consider the self-reliant man. He is totally secure or insecure because it is him against the world. Think how alone and fearful that must be. Is there any wonder why our culture deals with so much depression?

But let's also consider the Christian who only calls out to God during times of distress. There is no communication during good times. It is so good that God is not a God who says, "You only call me when you need something."

David relied on God in deep dependence at ALL times. He understood his total dependence on God in ALL things and worshiped and gave thanks appropriately. Let's all learn from David - a man after God's own heart.

Yesterday, I fasted all day. It was an exceptionally tough day of constant hunger. I wanted to give in all day. It reminded me constantly of how much I need God on a moment by moment basis. I need God more than I need food. It was a great day of growing closer to God in a right relationship - me as a needy man before a magnificent God.

No comments:

Post a Comment